In fact, you can find videos from as far back as a decade ago of this turbocharger doing its thing, but the venerability speaks volumes for just how effective the PT8884 can be with the right application.
A lot of Ford Mustangs took advantage of this turbo, with the small block V8s absolutely loving the boost characteristics available.
While the design has been around for a long time, the 8884 now incorporates the Competition Engineered Aerodynamics compressor wheel to ensure that it keeps up with more recent releases. There’s a reason this turbo remains popular – it just works!
There is much evidence on the race track but if you need some advice about whether or not the 8884 is right for you (and whether or not you should consider some nearby choices in the range such as the GEN2 PT8685, give us a call or send us a message using the form below so we can provide our opinion on what would work best for your motor.
We have this turbo available for Australian delivery, with a 12 month factory warranty and technical support. Call +61296043643, email us, or use the form below to make an order inquiry, and remember our best price policy as Australia’s only authorised Precision Turbo dealer. We believe in speaking personally with our customers to ensure they are getting not just the best price, but also the right turbo for their engine.
• Exclusive CEA® (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
• Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
• 88mm inducer compressor wheel
• “GT47 style” compressor cover with V-band discharge
• 84mm, 82 trim turbine wheel
• Turbine housing options:
– T4 Tangential .96 A/R with 4 3/8″ OD (outer diameter) V-Band discharge
– T5 Tangential .96 or 1.08 A/R with 5″ OD (outer diameter) V-Band discharge
• Available with either a Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system, or an Air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)