Incorporating the Competition Engineered Aerodynamics compressor wheel for better efficiency and response, this turbo may surprise you with how quickly it comes on boost despite its size.
Suitable for street and race, the PT8284 was released in 2019 and has since proved a favourite for LS engines.
This turbo works well in both a single or twin configuration, depending on how much power you would like to be throwing down. Having been released in 2019, there are plenty of recent engineering improvements, meaning the PT8284 CEA will serve you well for years to come.
There are quite a few choice in the range of the 8284, such as the GEN2 PT7685 Sportsman which you may also want to consider. It can be a little overwhelming trying to pick between the different options in the Precision turbo range, so if you need advice, please give us a call. As Australia’s only authorised Precision dealer, we are qualified to tell you what you need and give you the best price – including a 12 month warranty and technical support.
We have this turbo available for Australian delivery, with a 12 month factory warranty and technical support. Call +61296043643, email us, or use the form below to make an order inquiry, and remember our best price policy as Australia’s only authorised Precision Turbo dealer. We believe in speaking personally with our customers to ensure they are getting not just the best price, but also the right turbo for their engine.
• Exclusive CEA® (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
• Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
• 82mm inducer compressor wheel
• “GT47 style” compressor cover with V-band discharge
• 84mm, 82 trim turbine wheel
• Turbine housing options:
– T4 Tangential .96 A/R with 4 3/8″ OD (outer diameter) V-Band discharge
– T5 Tangential .96 or 1.08 A/R with 5″ OD (outer diameter) V-Band discharge
• Available with either a Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system, or an Air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)